Thursday, January 28, 2010

...Anything But!




Someone asked yesterday, "Won't your life seem boring now that the challenge of the SkateAThon is past?" Her question surprised me, and I have reflected on it. After a big trip, challenge, project, or holiday-our time and focus configures itself again...and we get back to 'normal.' Perhaps it's quieter and the thrill of challenge has abated,but suveying the 'normal' of the life you are building at this moment is a good practice....

So, since I am up... My panorama photo above is one that my brother Phil from Phoenix created, and we'll start my survey there. It reminds me of today- 24 hours- a stage waiting to be graced.

Today, ten minutes in the hottub is bliss - muscle stiffness fades as I gaze at the world and sky.

36 years ago- we each had just one best friend stand up for us at our wedding- Barb and Bim. Last night, we had a fabulous dinner with Bimbo ( no explanation of that name coming) at Flemings. Today, Barb and friends arrive from Steamboat Springs to stay here, while celebrating her mother's 90th Birthday. Today, I celebrate lifelong friends.

Today is Grandparent Day at Preschool, so I enjoy 3 grandchildren, children of Cristen & Jenny!

Today, my response is due- son Daniel in NYC, asked me to read something, offer suggestions. (that's a thrill for me)

Today, is my first day of a new clinical trial, taking a PD medication - they won't find answers in research unless we help.

Today, I meet with 3 friends for a prayer/spirituality/breakfast group ( in 1/2 hour)

Today, my spouse Ted goes up to Duluth Minnesota to play Pond Hockey (google it- I had never heard of it either) out on Lake Superior with friends, staying with daughter Michaela and family. Yes, he's got it- bad! Brrr!

Today, reviewing catering bids for daughter Mary's wedding, I pray for their new life together.

Today is trash day for our neighborhood. And today I am thankful for their cold hard work.

Today..is all any of us have. and surveying the panorama...Skate out on each minute of this brand new day, makiing unique lines on the clean surface. It is more than enough.

2 comments:

  1. Your writing is beautiful and so full of powerful truths! I hope you continue updating this blog even though the "big event" is over. Love you, Michaela
    *We'll take good care of dad and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gift you are in my life! It is so wonderful to see two people love each other so much and be IN LOVE with each other. I know marriage is not easy but you to work hard at keeping the bumps to a minimum just like with the ice in the backyard. On to #37!!
    Love Ya both
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete