Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Button is Finally Here!

Let the New Year begin! Most new projects include a learning curve and push us out of a comfort zone. Dealing with blizzards, smooth ice, invitations, getting enough skates & food- all those pale in comparison to what we just accomplished! Today, we rejoice in finally getting a button for contributions on this blog. That tiny button was days in the making...as I bounced back and forth between bank, processor, blog site and computer issues, all speaking languages that were hard to understand- while feeling time pressure.

At one point yesterday, it looked bleak. The cursor on my new computer stopped moving. At all. Suddenly without warning, I was frozen on the screen, unable to move. Tried logging out, signed back in, checked settings etc...and then that fear crept in...that it might not work again. I called my son in law who walked me thru trouble-shooting, and Ted jumped in to help. Once the relief set in, I realized that the process was so similar to my experience with PD.

Some small, unseen wiring that I couldn't understand, see or get at, had developed a problem. Things refused to work the way they once did..and that one tiny change threatened to hold up everything else. But with acceptance, reaching out for help, expert diagnosis & support, patience and persistence- we learn and move forward... while taking joy in every small accomplishment. Isn't that the cutest little button you've ever seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment